A smile is contagious and one of the most attractive features a person may have. As a result, you must properly care for your smile, specifically your teeth. However, your teeth may develop chips, discolouration, or cracks despite your best efforts and care. Because of these difficulties, most Australians become conscious of their looks.
However, one can effectively solve this problem with the help of veneers. If you are not sure what they are and what the placement process is like, then you have come to the right place. You will get answers to all your questions in this article. So, buckle down and let’s begin without further ado.
What are Veneers?
Dental health in Australia is quite worrisome, and that’s the reason why using different treatment methods is crucial.
Dental laminates or porcelain covers are the other names given to dental veneers. They are incredibly thin shell-like constructions that dentists use specifically for people to recover their smiles.
They are not mandatory, and one should use them only if they are disappointed with the appearance of their teeth. As a result, they are classified as cosmetic operations and are typically not covered by health insurance.
How to Determine If You Need Teeth Covers?
Deciding whether you need teeth covers or not might be a difficult chore for many people. However, it will be easy if your situation or state falls under one of the following categories-
- If you don’t feel confident while smiling, it is best to get teeth covers.
- In case you have cracked, chipped, or broken teeth that are very sensitive, teeth cover can help.
- You can also use teeth covers if you have gaps between your teeth.
- They are also helpful for aged people who have worn down teeth.
- They will also be helpful if regular whitening treatments don’t work because your teeth are severely stained or discoloured.
What is the Process of Veneer Placement?
You may have a vague understanding of the procedure, but it is preferable to have a thorough understanding. It will assist you in making an informed choice. So, here is the technique in detail; take a look.
- Using intraoral pictures, x-rays, and other methods, the dentist determines whether your oral cleanliness and condition allow for the placement.
- The next step is to remove some enamel from your teeth in order to make way for the covers.
- The next step is to remove some enamel from your teeth in order to make way for overs.
- The dentist will then use a shade guide and will note the one that is the most similar to your natural teeth colour.
- The dentist will submit the information to the lab and provide you with a temporary restoration.
- Your customized cover will be ready for installation by the time you return for your next appointment. And the dentist will carefully place them on your teeth.
- The dentist will use a bond to fix it after correct adjustment, and you are ready to go.
Teeth covers look very natural and are pretty low maintenance. After the placement of veneers, you can practically forget about them. So, considering this as an option to boost your confidence is a smart move.
And now that you have an idea about the entire placement procedure contact the best dentist in your town and book an appointment today!